Let’s Talk Social Media
Listen to the Podcast
View the video
Let’s talk Social MediaHow private should we keep our social media profiles from employers and recruiters? What types of content should we think twice about posting online if we want to get/keep our job? Should we let our freak flags fly on the internet or should we keep our profiles more curated? These are the golden questions!
In this episode, they cover:
- Should there be a difference between how you present yourself on personal and professional social media accounts?
- Do recruiters look at your social media profiles?
- Is it ethical for recruiters to judge a job candidate based on their social media?
- How to protect your privacy from coworkers and recruiters.
- Is cancel culture a good thing? Is it ever productive to cancel someone?
- The most common way young people are resigning… is posting on TikTok?!
- The true impact of posting your opinions online.
- The ethics of posting your kids on social media.
- How social media is a valuable asset for businesses.
“A lot of stuff that’s put up [on social media] is not real and I think it’s created a lot of issues in our society.”
“What I do at home shouldn’t have anything to do with what I do at work.” – Average Joe
“Be careful of who’s following you and what you post because everyone talks, everyone screenshots.” – Kate
Connect with us!
Facebook: Workplace Inappropriate
LinkedIn: Workplace Inappropriate
Meet the Hosts:
Kearin – Director of Workforce Positive
Kate – Program Coordinator and Executive Assistant
Zoe – HR Services Intern
Megan – HR & Ethical Recruitment Advisor
Average Joe – just an Average Joe off the street
Would you like to implement an end-of-year ritual to process the year that was and focus your team to the future?
We can help.
Contact me to discuss ideas that will be suitable for your business.
Meliorist & Director